Introduction: Western Delta University, Oghara, is dedicated to fostering innovative and effective teaching and learning methodologies. Recognizing the transformative potential of eLearning, this policy outlines the principles, guidelines, and procedures for the successful integration and management of eLearning initiatives at Western Delta University.
1. Purpose: The primary purpose of this eLearning Policy is to establish a comprehensive framework that supports the seamless integration of electronic learning tools and methods into the academic structure of Western Delta University. This policy aims to provide accessible, flexible, and high-quality eLearning experiences for our diverse student body.
2. Scope: This policy applies to all faculty, students, and staff engaging in eLearning activities within Western Delta University, Oghara. It encompasses various eLearning formats, including online courses, blended learning models, virtual classrooms, and any other electronic learning modalities.
3. Guiding Principles:
a. Accessibility: Ensure that eLearning resources are accessible to all learners, irrespective of their abilities, backgrounds, or locations.
b. Quality: Maintain and enhance academic standards in the design, delivery, and assessment of eLearning materials.
c. Security and Privacy: Implement robust security measures to safeguard electronic resources and respect the privacy of individuals engaged in eLearning.
d. Equity: Strive for equity in access to eLearning resources, minimizing disparities in technological infrastructure, and ensuring fair opportunities for all learners.
e. Continuous Improvement: Regularly assess and enhance eLearning strategies and technologies based on feedback, emerging trends, and best practices.
4. Roles and Responsibilities:
i. Design and develop eLearning materials aligned with curriculum objectives.
ii. Facilitate engaging and interactive online learning experiences.
iii. Provide timely feedback to students and support their eLearning journey.
i. Actively participate in eLearning activities.
ii. Adhere to academic integrity standards in both online and offline assessments.
iii. Communicate any technical issues or concerns promptly.
c. IT Support:
i. Ensure the availability and functionality of eLearning platforms.
ii. Provide technical support to faculty and students.
iii. Implement and update security protocols to protect eLearning assets.
5. Technical Infrastructure:
a. Ensure a reliable and secure network infrastructure to support eLearning activities.
b. Regularly update hardware and software to meet the evolving needs of eLearning.
c. Implement data backup and recovery procedures to safeguard against data loss.
6. Assessment and Evaluation:
a. Establish clear criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of eLearning courses.
b. Regularly assess the satisfaction and learning outcomes of students participating in eLearning programs.
7. Accessibility and Inclusivity:
a. Ensure that all eLearning materials are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
b. Provide alternative formats and accommodations to meet diverse learning needs.
8. Compliance: Adhere to relevant laws, regulations, and standards governing eLearning, including copyright, data protection, and accessibility requirements.
9. Review and Revision: Regularly review and update this eLearning Policy to reflect changes in technology, educational practices, and regulatory requirements.
10. Approval and Implementation: This eLearning Policy is effective upon approval by the Governing Council of Western Delta University, Oghara. All stakeholders are expected to familiarize themselves with this policy and comply with its provisions.
Review Date: Annually on the second week of January