- Admission through UTME:
- Candidates must satisfy the minimum University requirements for admission and are therefore to obtain credits in five subjects of English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry in SSCE or its equivalent in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, the candidate must have an acceptable score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by JAMB.
- Admission by Direct Entry:
- Candidates holding three GCE A/L in Biology, Chemistry and Physics plus O/L Credits in five subjects of English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidate who transfers from other faculties of the University with relevant prerequisites.
- B.Sc. degree in relevant science disciplines like Zoology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, etc; as approved by the senate.
- HND in relevant fields as approved by the senate.