The Registrar welcomes everyone to Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State, Nigeria.
Mr. Godwin Ojamayoma Egbri, pioneer Registrar of Western Delta University, Oghara, was educated at the University of Ibadan where he obtained a Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Sociology in 1979. He also obtained a Master’s degree in Public Administration from the University of Benin in 1998.
He started his administrative career in the then Bendel State Ministry of Manpower Development and Establishment and later transferred his services to the University of Benin in 1981.
Mr. Egbri joined the services of Western Delta University, Oghara, in August 2007 from the University of Benin.
He is a member of many Professional Bodies including Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM), Nigeria Institute of Public Relations and Association of Nigeria Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) etc.
Mr. Godwin Egbri believes very strongly that in University Administration, there should be integrity, Resourcefulness, Honesty, Hard work and Professionalism.
The Registrar who us the Chief Administrative Officer of the University is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-administrative work of the University.
He is the Head of the Registry Department which consists of the following Main Divisions.
- Council Affairs: To serve as the secretariat for the University Governing Council.
- Academic Affairs which consists of:
- Admission Unit – handles the admission of students every session.
- Senate Unit – secretariat of the University Senate and its Statutory and Ad-hoc Committees.
- Examinations and Records Unit – proper updating and keeping of bio-data of students, registration of students in the University, issuance of Statements of Results, issuance of Academic Transcripts etc.
Given the complexity of the University, the Registry Department represents the necessary bureaucracy for the coordination of all activities of the University.