It gives me a great pleasure to welcome everyone to Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State.
Mr. Oghenetega Ivwighreghweta, a pioneer staff of this University got his first degree at the Delta State University, Abraka where he obtained a Bachelor of Science (Hon.) degree in Library Science Education in 2005. He also obtained a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science in 2012 from the same University. Presently, he is pursuing a Doctorate degree at Delta State University, Abraka.
Mr. Oghenetega Ivwighreghweta joined the services of the University in the year 2008.
He is a member of many professional bodies including the Nigerian Library Association, Delta State Chapter, Liberian Registration Council of Nigeria etc He is also a Chattered Librarian of Nigeria. He has published over 25 articles in both local and international reputable journals.
He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day operations of the University Library. He is currently the Head of the University Library which consists of the following main Divisions:
- Collection Development Section: This section is responsible for the acquisition of library materials
- Serials Sections: This section is responsible for subscribing to and maintaining subscription records for all journals.
- Cataloguing Section: This section is responsible for professional processing i.e. cataloguing and classification of all books that comes into the library.
- Electronic Section: The e-library is a section of the library where computers connected to the internet facilities are arranged for use of our readers.
- Reader’s Service Division: This is a section comprising of two important service points in the Library namely the Circulation Section and the Reference Section.